Monday, November 18, 2013

It seems as though a lot had changed upon viewing my micro aquarium for the final time.  The activity had slowed quite a bit, and to my sad realization, a lot of my commonly seen organisms had either died or were just MIA for whatever reason.  I was unable to find the Aeolosoma I had spent so much time looking at earlier in the semester.  The unidentified insect larvae that had me fooled into believing it was mosquito larvae wasn't present either.  However, I did see a good number of single celled bacterias and roterifers still present. The plants looked as lively as ever, and I noticed quite a few more bubbles than had been present the weeks prior.  I really don't know why they were there either.  I did see two new things this time.  The first was some dead diatoms, which I thought I had a good picture of, but I am unable to find it.  The next was a Litonotus, pictured below.

Dr. Ken said that this was an unusual looking one and couldn't identify exactly which kind of Litonotus it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment