Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov. 5 post

During my latest observation, I noticed much more activity in the micro aquarium.  A lot of this new activity is probably due to the Beta food pellet that Dr. McFarland added (McFarland). 

I once again saw the long organism that I originally thought to be a mosquito larvae, but when it came time to have Dr. McFarland identify it, it was MIA.  However, after looking into it myself, I am feeling less confident in my original assumption that it is a mosquito larvae.  Hopefully it will be identified for sure next week.

I also noticed more single celled organisms, many of which were near the food pellet

The most interesting thing I saw this time was an insect larvae that couldn't be identified (Fig. 305 Pennak).



 
Works Cited
 
Bibliography. McFarland, Kenneth [Kenneth] Botany 111 Fall 2013. [cited November 4, 2013]. Available from http://botany1112013.blogspot.com/
Pennak, Robert. New York: The Ronald Press Company, 1953. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment